- Job Role
ESSET Executive Director.
- Starting Salary
£350 per day on a non-contract self-employed basis.
- Days worked
Approximately 200 days per year in school term time.
To be agreed – either home or special school based. Business mileage will be reimbursed at 40p per mile.
- Responsible to
ESSET Board of Directors.
- Job Purpose
To provide strategic leadership to ESSET working closely with the ESSET Board.
- To review and develop the ESSET Strategic Development Plan.
- To lead delivery of outcomes in the ESSET Strategic Development Plan.
- To chair all ESSET Board and ESSET Executive Board Meetings.
- Lead the planning and organisation of the ESSET annual conference.
- Represent the views of ESSET to policy makers, senior officers and officials of relevant organisations.
- Represent ESSET at key strategic meetings with partner organisations.
- Act as a first point of contact between ESSET and Essex County Council, Regional Schools Commissioner, Department for Education and Education Funding Agency for special school related matters.
- Be a point of support for Heads and be able to provide confidential advice on matters of concern.
- Support the development of networks that will benefit the work of ESSET.
- Keep abreast of National Developments and disseminate to ESSET Headteachers via regular briefings utilising the ESSET website.
- Lead Induction and CPD for Heads and senior leaders that provides timely, accessible information on current and pending matters of importance.
- Contribute to the delivery of the ESSET Aspiring Leaders for Special Education training course.
- Lead the development of ESSET’s social media presence, writing regular blogs and disseminating key information to ESSET Heads and Governors.
- Work closely with the ESSET Business Manager to ensure appropriate policy and practice is in place to ensure maximum financial efficiency for ESSET.
- Establish robust company practice to ensure all ESSET Schools remain good or outstanding.
- Perform any other relevant and appropriate duties as agreed with the ESSET Executive Board.
To view the Executive Summary of the ESSET Strategic Development Plan please click here.
- Experience of Senior Leadership in an educational setting.
- An outstanding advocate for Special Educational Needs in Essex.
- The ability to lead and inspire a company of Special Schools.
- Relates well to a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to collate and disseminate relevant information in a timely and engaging manner.
- Support for the aims and ethos of ESSET as an organisation that represents all ESSET Headteachers in schools across Essex.
- Strong inter-personal skills that will enable the development of positive relationships including with Heads requiring support and advice.
- A clear understanding of issues that face special school Headteachers nationally and locally.
- Confident knowledge of key areas such as curriculum, assessment and admissions, finance.
- Ability to develop sound professional relationships with external agencies e.g. the Local Authority, whilst critically holding the LA and its Officers to account on behalf of ESSET Members.
- An ability to manage and interpret data in various forms.
- Ability to use ICT in various forms including as a means of communication.
- Experience of leading CPD both within school and, preferably, to a wider audience.
- Efficiency in personal management, meeting deadlines, responding to communications etc, and the ability to work without administrative support.
- ESSET schools will have a highly effective self-improvement mechanism and the number of outstanding provisions will increase.
- ESSET will develop its role as an influential and successful system leader in the Essex Education system.
- ESSET will achieve the objectives in the ESSET Strategic Development Plan.